Community Futures Lakeland is still accepting applications for beautification loans
Beautification loans are still accepted in the Lake District.
Community Futures Lakeland, with the generous support of the Town of Bonnyville and MD of Bonnyville, is proud to operate the Beautification Loan Program.
Lisa Ford is the Executive Director of Community Futures Lakeland.
“The beautification loan program consists of small loans that include a repayable portion as well as a $2,000 grant,” Ford told Lakeland Connect. “At Community Futures Lakeland, we know that local businesses are in an uncertain time to decide whether to invest and we believe that the interest-free loan associated with the grant would help business owners make this choice to invest. »
Ford says they are trying to see the opportunities even though the Covid-19 pandemic has created unimaginable challenges for our community.
“From an individual business perspective, our businesses have limited foot traffic, making this a great time to complete construction projects,” Ford said. “From a construction industry perspective, we have tradespeople who are not at their working capacity and may be available for smaller projects that they would otherwise have given up. And finally, from a community perspective, the Covid-19 pandemic has brought people closer to home and their neighborhood is their priority.
The objective of the program is to provide businesses located in participating municipalities (MD of Bonnyville and the Town of Bonnyville thus far) the opportunity to undertake business upgrades, using “grant” dollars and a interest-free loan, up to a maximum of $10,000. (maximum grant share of $2,000 and loan of $8,000 per applicant).
Grants can be used for:
- Add curb appeal and variety at sidewalk level, emphasizing active storefronts, orienting windows and doors to the street.
- All interior/exterior renovations could qualify for this embellishment.
- Upgrading your business plumbing and lighting.
- Improve window designs that utilize in-window display areas and/or new signage.
- Coordinate improvements with neighboring buildings and the unique character of the local business district.
- Undertake general cleaning of the exterior and interior of the building, repaint faded and peeling paint, repair damaged areas and restore unique architectural features.
This is all thanks to the generous support of the MD of Bonnyville and the Town of Bonnyville who are happy to provide their small businesses with much needed support, Ford added.
So far, Ford says it has approved:
- Three in the town of Bonnyville with two loans still available for applications
- Three approved in Bonnyville MD with two loans still available for applications.
Interested businesses should contact the Community Futures Lakeland office for details at 780-826-3858.
Applications are still being accepted at https://lakeland.albertacf.com/services/beautification-loan
Comments are closed.