31 free Excel templates grouped by use
We show you over 30 templates for Excel that will help you get organized, improve your habits, and manage your finances.
Excel formulas aren’t the only way to get the most out of Microsoft Excel. Another possibility to do with this tool is Download templates for different purposes, What exactly are these file types? they are nothing else premade spreadsheet those who remove work while doing calendar, planner or budget from the beginning. Basically, they provide you with a suitable structure, leaving it up to you to enter the relevant data.
In the following sections you will find free excel templates, most of them are from official office stores organized by categories. Because using this application to organize, keep accounts or create databases is not the same thing. Keep a close eye on all the links we provide for you to get the most out of your spreadsheet, both at work and in person. Let’s start!
Free Excel Templates for Getting Organized at Home and Work
We start with one of the most important categories. Personal or work organization is one of Excel’s strengths, While it is true that there are many applications for keeping diaries or editorial calendars up to date, Microsoft Spreadsheets remains a priority for many. Here are some deals you’ll love every day.
- social media content calendar, A great template for scheduling posts on business or personal profiles. It’s basically a social media calendar, also known as an editorial calendar, that organizes everything that’s posted on each account. It is possible to set up social media content calendar templates for the platforms you use, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- competition analysisIt’s important to understand the competition, especially in the job market. With this pre-designed spreadsheet, you will be able to assess the details of five competitors and compare them with your business. Have valuable information about your company’s competition at your disposal!
- weekly schedule, This is a weekly schedule from Monday to Friday that offers time slots between 7:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. It is possible to include a description of the planned events in each line.
- maternity calendar, If you are soon to be a mom or a dad, congratulations! But, if in addition to being a father or a mother, you frequently use Excel, this template is for you. With this, it is very easy to track pregnancy, expected day of delivery or other important dates. To make matters worse, the design of the template is well-crafted and sleek. This includes categorizing weeks by color, an automatic countdown timer, and space for comments.
- annual financial report, Take advantage of this template to present your company’s financial results this year compared to last year with a higher level of detail. Plus, personalize results by choosing specific key metrics to highlight.
- social media post themed calendar, Each spreadsheet in this template includes a monthly calendar where you can add projects, posts, and keywords. Likewise, it supports the inclusion of deadlines and SEO optimization of content.
- community event organizer, Keep track of neighborhood community events. One of its features is that events you add to the list are automatically added to calendar pages. It can be printed or published on the web with Excel Online and OneDrive.
- marketing project plan, Do you have any ongoing projects? Get organized with this template for small businesses. Keep track of pending tasks and those that have already been delivered.
- selling processIt’s a good idea to take control of the sales funnel to get a broader perspective of the whole process. The template includes a graph that visually shows the position of the funnel.
- employee attendance sheet, Do you want to monitor the attendance of your employees or students? Then this model is perfect for you.
best excel templates to track your finances
Now we’re focusing on templates that help you better manage family finances. Do you want to keep track of your contribution to charity? Are you going to apply for a loan and want to compare? We have a plan for each case.
- loan comparator, This template helps you compare different loan scenarios to determine which is best for you. Up to three loans can be compared at the same time and customized as needed.
- mortgage calculatorThis template is used to calculate your mortgage payment using the amount, valuation, and term along with other optional inputs.
- loan calculator, A template to generate a loan amortization schedule based on the information you specify. This includes fields for interest, total amount, and term of the loan to be repaid.
- Annual Investment Income CalculatorHave more precise control over the profits received from investments in various assets at the end of the year.
- mortgage comparison, With this model, you will get a complete view of the pros and cons of different mortgages. This is ideal if you are going to buy a property and want to know which bank you are going to have the best position with.
- personal money tracking, This template helps you track your money. All you have to do is write down the initial total amount and all your transactions. Then Excel will take care of all the calculations. As if that were not enough, it allows you to allocate expenses by account.
- check recording, A template that includes Excel functions to categorize and record expenses and income. Everything is categorized according to the needs of the user.
- card benefit calculator, Calculate the total interest you’ll pay based on the number of months it will take to pay off your credit card balance in full and the payments you’ve set. Make the most of this model by adjusting payments and seeing how long it will take to pay off the balance.
- tax expenditure log, Using this model means having more reliable control over taxes. It will help you in the business and also in the home economy.
- payment journal, This template automatically breaks down expenses into a total of ten different categories as the user records the payment. It is interesting for work and personal.
- invoiceWe end this section with an invoice template that will be useful for giving your business receipts a professional touch, especially if you are self-employed.
Best Excel Templates for Health, Hobbies, and Other Personal Tasks
The third and final section of this compilation focuses on individual works. Here you’ll find templates to keep your health up to date, your contacts close at hand, and more.
- weekly meal planner, Organize meals for the whole week with this planning template. It lets you plan breakfast, lunch, dinner, and three snacks for each day of the week. Meal or diet planning is no longer a problem with this customizable weekly template.
- track her and her weight loss, Are you on a diet with your partner? There is no doubt that having a travel companion makes things easier. With this template, couples can log their daily weight loss goals and progress together. Two people will be able to enter their starting weight and their target weight. Then add the weight for each day.
- book collection list, This mold has a book lover’s ally. Build a database of your personal library with columns to document description, status, category, and location in the library. In addition, thanks to Excel’s filtering functions, find the title you are looking for. Keep your library organized so it’s easy to find.
- address and phone list, With this pre-designed spreadsheet, it is possible to save phone numbers and addresses by first name, last name or contact type. This template offers space for physical and email addresses as well as three phone numbers.
- extended family tree, Create a flowchart of your genealogy with this family tree template. Simply add details and photos of up to five generations of relatives and your family tree is automatically updated.
- list of garden plants, Download this spreadsheet if you want to track the plants in your garden. It’s also a good option for listing the next purchase you want to make for the exterior of your home.
- diet and exercise diary, Set your weight loss goal, record exercise data and the amount of food eaten. With its graph, we see the graph updating with progress. It also comes with fields for recording food intake with calories, carbs, sugars, and fiber, as well as an exercise spreadsheet for recording duration and calories burned during exercise.
- movie list, Do you like cinema? Do you have a large collection? Do you want to keep a list of the movies you like or want to watch the most? Movie buffs will find this template an easy way to keep track of all their favorite movies. It’s an extensive database that lets you add custom categorization to make it easy to find your favorite titles. As if that wasn’t enough, it has sections for the title, your opinion, star actors, and more.
- basic meal planner, A spreadsheet template to help you keep track of your meals for the week. This way, it will be easier for you to follow the established diet. It has columns for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- phone bookWhether it’s backing up your contacts or having a full calendar to look at, this Excel template is perfect. It contains the most common fields, such as first name, last name, or email. But nothing prevents you from modifying it so that in your case it contains the most necessary data.